In a world of increasing complexities and complications, we wanted to keep this blog short, sweet and simple.
The evolution and advancement in technology over the last decade has been revolutionary and has been the catalyst for more innovation today and into the future. However, the rise of the cybercrime has grown almost simultaneously as more people connect to the internet and an increasing number of hackers seeking opportunities to make a monetary return in the dark, lucrative market they operate in.
So what does the cyber landscape look like today? Here’s some fast facts;
- Ransomware attacks increased 36% in 2017
- 4,000+ ransomware attacks occur every day
- $1,077 – the average amount demanded after a ransomware attack
- 230,000 new malware samples are produced every day
- 1 in 131 emails contains a malware
- 43% of cyber-attacks are aimed at small businesses.
- A data breach will cost the average company about $3.8 million
- By 2019, cybercrime will cost businesses over $2 trillion - a 4-fold increase from 2015
With these facts in mind, it’s evident that cyber-attacks are growing in prominence on a daily basis – from influencing major elections to crippling businesses overnight, the role cyber warfare plays in our daily lives should not be underestimated. In fact, multi-billionaire investor Warren Buffett claims that cyber threats are the biggest threat to mankind, even more so than nuclear weapons threats.
How Can ClearCrypt Help?
A cyber-attack in your organisation isn’t a matter of “IF,” but “WHEN!” At ClearCrypt we can help you protect and backup all your sensitive company and personal data.
We offer a range of 256-bit Encrypted Storage Devices designed to be robust, secure and cost effective while offering industry leading encryption and a product range to suit all needs and requirements.
Privileged, confidential or sensitive data must be protected at all times from intentional or accidental loss. The ClearCrypt range of devices are designed to make this easy to achieve and with speeds up to 5GB per second, they are 10x faster than the normal USB 2.0 drives.